why not GVFS like in KDE?

Stef Bon stef at bononline.nl
Tue Sep 10 21:14:04 BST 2013

On 09/07/2013 06:09 PM, Gianluca Gargiulo wrote:
> Hello to community,
>
> and transparency, GVFS: it's fantastic!!!!! Same thing with sftps://
> ftp:// etc etc....
> The Dolphin working mode is too old!!!! i'm sorry.

Hi,

I´ve been working on fuse-workspace, which is a fuse filesystem, which
offers the same functionality as
gvfs.

It´s able to access the windows neighbourhood using libsmbclient, and
the shares by mounting using cifs (the kernel filesystem) or by using
libsmbclient again.

I havent been working on it for some time, I have been working on an
implementation of  a skiplist to store directories, on another project,
notifyfs.

It has the ability to mount at:

See:

github.com/stefbon/fuse-workspace