Spelling style on MLs (was: KDE's rough edges... what are your experiences?)

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Thu Oct 31 11:40:04 GMT 2013

Hi Michael,

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM, Michael <michael.the.optimist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:20:15 +0000 (UTC)
> schrieb Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net>:
>
>> Michael posted on Mon, 28 Oct 2013 14:59:12 +0100 as excerpted:

Most of the time I simply skip what Duncan writes, as it usually
doesn't help me personally, but he sure has a great amount of
knowledge.

If it annoys you, just don't read it? You don't have to.

@Duncan: maybe a (very short) section of tl::dr at the top of your
mails could be useful for many, instead of burying the essential
information in the length of the mail.

While I know my way around in searching and diagonal reading long
texts, most people will have a hard time trying to extract the
relevant information, so why not put the important stuff in a 3-liner
at the top, and keep the rest for those who enjoy reading you?

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org