Mounting USB storage with UTC

Volker Kuhlmann hidden at paradise.net.nz
Mon Nov 25 19:25:25 GMT 2013

The desktop panel has this applet which offers to mount filesystems on
media that is plugged in. For vfat it treats all timestamps as local.
However there are people who run their cameras on UTC (for good reason),
and at least my mobile phone writes vfat timestamps as UTC (the smart
thing to do).

How can I persuade the applet to add the mount option tz=UTC either for
all vfat fielsystems, or for ones that I specify (but not by device name
/dev/sdX, that's no good)?

Thanks muchly,

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann			is list0570 with the domain in header.