Virtually Invisible Panel Clock

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Fri May 31 02:01:54 BST 2013

On 05/30/2013 08:26 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
> Regardless of distro, every new install I can recall in the last year
> or more the panel clock is all but useless. Why doesn't any theme used
> by default or containing string "upstream" in Fedora, openSUSE or
> Mageia have a legible clock (same as the adjacent icons, like Klipper
> and the panel settings button)?
I don't know about the other distros, but in PCLinuxOS, there is a nice
digital clock at the right end of the "panel" or task-bar.
Which is on the bottom, where I, at least, believe it ought to be. Right
now it clearly says "08:56 PM" and under it, in smaller
characters, "05/30/13."  That's the KDE desktop, BTW.  I'm not sure, but
I think it can be made to read 24 hour time, if you like.

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A.M.Greeley