kde stops seeing Xonar Exxence soundcard

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue May 21 22:06:01 BST 2013

Jogchum Reitsma posted on Tue, 21 May 2013 16:49:56 +0200 as excerpted:

> I did take a look in the so-called KDE System settings on the tab you
> mention, but the Xonar isn't mentioned there too...

In that case, you may wish to switch backends, as I mentioned.  The
phonon-xine backend is deprecated and shouldn't be used (if it's even
still available on your distro).  I don't do gstreamer here and the
phonon-vlc backend has worked well for me, but phonon-gstreamer is the
default and recommended backend.  (I've never ever used pulse so have no
idea how it interacts with all that.)

But upgrading to something a bit more current as someone else suggested