Yet another failed KDE release?

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed May 8 10:36:54 BST 2013

On Wednesday, 2013-05-08, Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 May 2013 19:21 my mailbox was graced by a message from Duncan
>
> who wrote:
> > Other distros who stuck with pre-akonadi kmail-1/kdepim-4.4 for awhile
> > either have or will eventually need to make similar decisions...
>
> Another possibility: users will go over to Claws-mail (or other MUA), and
> drop KDE completely, some with a sigh of relief...

I doubt Claws or any mail user agent can provide the same functionality of all
KDE [1] software products people are currently using.
Might be able to replace KMail, but I have my doubts on whether they would be
able to work as a desktop shell, a document viewer, file manager, browser,
calendar, text editor, etc.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] assuming for a moment that you accidentally used the vendor name to refer
to all software products of said vendor

KDE user support, developer mentoring