Should I open a bug or would I be wasting my time

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 30 18:28:40 GMT 2013

Considering my last mail on the subject got zero response except from
one very helpful someone who has removed polkit by using gentoo,
perhaps because it invited too much discussion.

Would I be wasting my time If I opened a bug as to why you can disable
polkit with the whole of KDE working just fine and yet if you try to
remove it you have to remove the whole of kde including k3b which I
have never had to use sudo with in the past. nvidia-settings has an
apparently hard dependency on polkit, which is obviously a bug.

Is it KDE's position that these dependencies (ignoring nvidia-settings)
in ubuntu and debian are bugs?