kdm multiple keyboard layouts

Bogus Zaba bogsub at bogzab.plus.com
Wed Mar 27 20:11:46 GMT 2013

On 03/27/2013 10:18 AM, zoolook wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First, is there a kdm-users dedicated mailing list?
>
> Now my question.
>
> I'm learning Dvorak keyboard layout but I share this computer with my
> wife. She doesn't like the layout so I need kdm to default to latam
> layout and have dvorak as a option (either a keyboard shortcut or a
> menu option) so I don't have to remember two passwords.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Norberto

System settings > Input Devices > Keyboard > Layouts. The settings form
there allows you to add various keyboard layouts. Once these have been
activated an icon in the notifications area of your panel tells you
which keyboard layout is active at the time. I use this to switch
between UK, UK-international and Polisk keyboard layouts. Just click the
icon and you cycle through them, once you have set them up in System
Settings.