Yet another failed KDE release?

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Sun Mar 24 09:17:08 GMT 2013

On Sunday 24 Mar 2013 11:41 my mailbox was graced by a message from Kevin
Krammer who wrote:
> For example, if we look at KMail, one can easily fall into the trap of
> thinking of it as just an program for writing and reading emails and thus
> compare it too closely with other products that do that but only that.

> However, if one considers the additional requirements, it becomes often
> quickly obvious that other product's features for those requirements are
> either quite crude or not existant at all.

Thank $DEITY the other products do not, or they would be bloatware in the same
way Kmail has become.

For a test, install any distribution without KDE, then try to install Kmail,
and see how many Mb you have to install....

Given that most users only need a simple email client, with attached
addressbook, what about a Kmail-lite, that would be smaller, faster and
simpler, for those users who do not feel the need to have a complete
petrochemical works for preparing a cup of tea....

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                       When the gods wish to punish us