Yet another failed KDE release?

Mirosław Zalewski miniopl at poczta.onet.pl
Fri Mar 22 12:15:07 GMT 2013

On 22/03/2013 at 12:34, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org> wrote:

> It is almost impossible, since the user can dramatically modify the
> original configuration and automating the process of wading through
> often illogical configuration files with triple definitions and
> contradictory instructions set by the user is a a lot of work

I think there are two important things to note:
(1) config files are created by KDE SC, not by users with text editors
(2) these config files are already read and understood by current KDE SC
releases.

If they contain illogical on contradictory instructions, it's KDE SC
configuration GUI who put it there. So, maybe configuration GUI should be fixed
to ensure that config files are unambiguous?

Sorry, but I do not believe that it's impossible to read and understand config
file that were read and understood correctly by previous version of software.
It is obviously matter of developers priorities.
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski