Yet another failed KDE release?

dE . de.techno at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 15:22:58 GMT 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com> wrote:

> On Ter, 2013-03-19 at 22:28 +0530, dE . wrote:
> > This release of KDE (4.10.1), is till date the buggiest I've seen.
> >
> Fedora 18 push it , and so far no bugs found .

There's a bug in that pager application, and a Fedora 18 user acknowledged
it the day after I filed it. They rather report this upstream cause this's
a KDE problem. I never report Gentoo bugs on these KDE issues.

KDE is at best untested. Bugs are right in front of you standing on the
desktops, and no developer or tester sees it until a bug has been filed and
a lot users complaint. This time, the pager and notification widgets have
bugs and both of them exist on the default desktop, yet no one noticed.

Major bugs persists for years on end with no solution in sight.