Partition Manager without support for parted 3.x

Maik Stönner maik.stoenner at gmx.net
Thu Mar 14 22:46:08 GMT 2013

Hi,

I accidentally found out today when perusing the Arch Linux
repositories, that there is no package for the KDE Partition Manager.
After asking the packer, which is responsible for the KDE packages in
Arch Linux, he told me, that there is no support for parted 3.x by the
KDE Partition Manager. Presently Arch Linux is distributing parted in
version 3.1.

Now I just want to know, of there will be any support for parted 3.x in
upcomming releases of KDE Partition Manager? Or I just have a
disadvantage by using a rolling releases dirstribution?

Thanks for your help. Best regards,
Maik.