K menu submenu on a panel

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 19:16:58 BST 2013

Em terça-feira, 18 de junho de 2013, às 10:29:30, Stephen Dowdy escreveu:
> but another thing... as a folder view, i don't see any way to change
> the icon (it's a generic "sheet of paper" with "?". might be a way
> programmatically/manual editing, but context "Folder View Settings"
> doesn't show me any way to change it.  That limits its usefulness.
>
> I would Definitely really love to have some type of "dock" or
> "telescoping list of icons" or "Icon Group" (a containment widget
> that held icons that would unroll on mouse-over) type plasmoid
> widget that i could use like a "favorites" or just to organize my
> own set of applications.  Trying to fabricate some type of kde-menu
> hierarchy and making a folder-view to it might have been doable if
> the panel icon for that could be changed.
>
> i was hoping the "Shelf" plasmoid would be this, but it doesn't seem
> very workable, either.

Try the cairo-dock package. It is not a KDE application, but it works fine
with KDE and is highly customizable. It can show a tray with icons and/or
groups of icons and there are many presentation options available, including
the "telescopic list of icons" you mentioned. You can set it to hide
automatically or not, among many, many, many other options.

[]'s
Marcelo