K menu submenu on a panel

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Jun 18 07:27:14 BST 2013

Jerome Yuzyk posted on Mon, 17 Jun 2013 21:40:12 -0600 as excerpted:

> I'm on KDE 4.10 now, just migrated from 4.6.
>
> One thing I had before, which I cannot remember how I made, was to have
> a launcher on my panel for one submenu of my K menu.
>
> I thought I could do it by right-clicking on a submenu and using "Add to
> Panel" but this just gives me a duplicate of the entire K menu. I just
> want one submenu.
>
> Anyone know how I might have done that?

Have you tried /dragging/ the submenu to the place you want it on the
panel?  That seems to work here (choose folder).  But I'm running 4.11-
beta1 now, so if it changed since 4.10...

Of course widgets must be unlocked to do it or you'll simply get a
"banned" icon when you try to drag it, and dropping won't do anything.

Then if desired, you can change the icon (here, it gave me a default
folder icon), etc, using the same procedure you'd normally use.  (Right-
click on the new icon, choose folder settings, make your desired changes
in the resulting dialog.)