Virtually Invisible Pager text

Christopher Dawkins cchd at pjcd.org
Thu Jun 6 19:54:11 BST 2013

> Unfortunately, config overrides do not work for plasma stuff in general.
> It requires javascript snippets or customized plasma themes.

This has been a severe problem with the Pager display text (the desktop
names) ever since KDE4 started, particularly when thumbnails of the
windows appear behind the text. I have spent many hours with desktop
themes and even altered an obscure SVG (which gave me a good result that
lasted from 4.3 to 4.7), but I have to accept that the superb
configurability of KDE4 does not extend to making the desktop names
readable. Can anyone fix this?

--
Christopher Dawkins
   Archivist, Felsted School            http://archives.felsted.org