KDEPIM3 on KDE 4.10.5 Sound and Icon

John Woodhouse a_johnlonger at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 24 20:36:14 BST 2013

Apart from this aspect all seems to be ok. I had to install kdepim3-devel to get the import facility to pop up,  Assume it works but I had transferred the files directly by the time I did that.

Couple of points. As I just transferred all of the kde mail directory across I had to edit the kde4 entry to kde3 in the resource file.

Initially I thought that the folders had been lost but the view just needed adjusting.

The emails didn't show a date until I selected a format for it in settings. Once that had been done even the default setting it was one worked.

I had trouble launching it from a the desktop but found that an ordinary link worked along with the terrible looking icon that it produced. A reboot somehow converted this to a normal desktop file along with a nice icon. One problem here is that I can't find anyway to get that icon onto and launch from the quick launch panel.

Lastly, any thoughts one how I may be able to get sound notification to work? I have used a soundblaster wav file for years. The general system has no problems playing it. Just Kmail.

John
-