Upgrading from kde 4.6 to 4.10 SC questions

John Woodhouse a_johnlonger at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 13 20:36:50 BST 2013

Sorry if this is being sent rich text. Yahoo have changed again but at least do not use html.

The 1st one is easily dealt with I hope. On 4.10 I have the tiny apparent desktop space as per 4.6. I just deleted it and had my old style desktop back. Will 4.10 do the same thing or is there a better way of obtaining a normal large desktop. As is it just isn't big enough for my needs. Glad to see it apha sorted folders and hope the full desktop does too. More of the same style "desktop" wouldn't help either.

2nd question's more difficult. Some reports on Kmail are now putting me right off using it. OpenSuse maintain an rpm that installs 3.x Kmail and it's bits and pieces and meant to be run on KDE4 systems. There are other sources as well. Anyone tried this route, all ok etc?

3rdly my current Kmail is part indexed - just the address book. Odd thing is that I think that there are more email addresses in it than system settings - personal indicates. Any idea where the others may be? Out of interest I have had no problems at all with this Kmail.

John
-