A Helping application for beginners Linux and Open Source in General

dE . de.techno at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 18:51:55 GMT 2013

On 12/13/12 23:08, Mayank Jha wrote:
> I was thinking that if there could be an application for kde or linux
> distros in general which could be used to put up a query and you could
> get a set of answers pertaining to your queries.
> The source for answering these queries not being one but many, like
> askubuntu.com <http://askubuntu.com>, askfedora.com
> <http://askfedora.com>, ubuntuforums.com <http://ubuntuforums.com> etc.
> More generally what I am talking of is to pool in resources from the
> net and then as a "search engine" of sorts to answer the doubts of a
> newbie to open and free software. It would greatly reduce time for
> such a person to get accustomed to the knowhow of Linux.
> I know that this sounds against mailing list culture, but if we can
> make some mini-search app for FOSS queries I feel it would be
> welcoming to the newcomer.
> Also if someone is willing to mentor me upon this in creating such an
> app, i would gladly be willing to do so.

It may be too late to answer this, but everyone, including Google came
to the conclusion that the default Google search is the best for the
purpose.

Cause at one time, Google too had search engines for certain specific
purposes, like for Linux, for government issues etc... but it was also
filtering out results which had the answer.