kmail and kwallet

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Fri Feb 8 14:02:39 GMT 2013

On Friday, 2013-02-08, Robert wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 12:02:00 +0530
>
> phanisvara das <listmail at phanisvara.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:17:07 -0500
> >
> > Robert <mlists at zoominternet.net> wrote:
> > > Now the issue I am having is I keep being prompted for the
> > > password for kwallet to access my email.  The exact text is as
> > > follows;
> >
> > you can remove mail accounts that you configurd in kmail by going to
> > systemsettings -> personal information and deleting the account from
> > there. unless you do that, KDE will continue to download your mail
> > from those accounts.
>
> There in lies the problem.  I do not have kmail installed anymore.
> There has to be a way to stop kde for doing this.

Account configuration should be somewhere in the global settings program.
If not, this should bring up the respective account UI
kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi_resources --args message/rfc822

> Besides  KDE should not be doing this automatically.  The programs should
> be doing the requesting.

Indeed. Hence KDE not automatically removing configured accounts if one
uninstalls one of the possible clients.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring