Python applications in KDE

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Feb 7 02:49:11 GMT 2013

Shrinivasan T posted on Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:34:03 +0530 as excerpted:

> I am learning PyQT and created some sample applications.
>
> Now, like to contribute to any realtime KDE applications that are built
> using PyQT.
>
> Can anyone share the list of PyQT applications?

Here's what an equery depends --all-packages PyQt4 returns here on gentoo.
=:^)  (Specific returned versions and etc removed.)

app-admin/smolt (USE=qt4)
app-editors/leo
app-misc/anki
app-misc/hachoir-metadata (qt4)
app-misc/pysmssend (qt4)
app-portage/etc-proposals (qt4)
app-portage/kportagetray
app-portage/maintainer-helper
app-text/calibre
dev-python/PyFoam (extras)
dev-python/PyQtMobility
dev-python/enaml
dev-python/ipython (qt4)
dev-python/matplotlib (qt4)
dev-python/pyface
dev-python/pynotifier (qt4)
dev-python/pyqwt
dev-python/python-poppler-qt4
dev-python/pyudev (pyqt4)
dev-python/qscintilla-python
dev-python/spyder
dev-python/traitsbackendqt
dev-dex/texamator
dev-util/eggy
dev-util/eric
dev-util/ninja-ide
dev-vcs/git-cola
dev-vcs/hgview
dev-vcs/qbzr
dev-vcs/qct
dev-vcs/tortoisehg
kde-base/marble (python)
kde-base/plasma-workspace (python)
kde-base/pykde4
kde-misc/kanyremote
kde-misc/ksplasher
kde-misc/magneto-kde
kde-misc/veromix
media-gfx/freecad
media-sound/flacon
media-sound/frescobaldi
media-sound/picard
media-sound/puddletag
media-sound/pulseaudio (equalizer)
media-video/pyqtrailer
media-video/qt-recordmydesktop
media-video/subdownloader
net-analizer/linkchecker (X)
net-misc/electrum (qt4)
net-misc/gns3
net-misc/guiddog
net-misc/openvswitch (-pyside)
net-misc/mymazon (qt4)
net-print/hplib (qt4)
net-wireless/gnuradio (qt4)
sci-chemistry/PyMca (X)
sci-geosciences/qgis (python)
sci-libs/plplot (qt4)
sci-libs/scikits_image (qt4)
sci-libs/vtk (python)
sci-mathematics/relational
sci-misc/vitables
sci-visualization/qtiplot (python)
sci-visualization/veusz
sys-apps/razercfg (qt4)
www-client/phantomjs (python)
www-client/weboob (X)
x11-apps/fusion-icon (qt4)
x11-apps/python-whiteboard
x11-misc/treeline

The words in parenthesis indicate that the dependency is only active if
that USE flag (gentoo's way of controlling optional features/deps, often
via .configure options or the like) is on (or for openvswitch, the pyside
USE flag must be off).

The package categories won't mean a whole lot outside of gentoo, but they
do give you a bit of an idea what the package does if you've never heard
of it before, so I went ahead and included them anyway.

Quite a list, I'd say!  Of course not all of those are kde, but... take
your pick.  =:^)

Meanwhile, those kde apps using pyqt very often use pykde as well.  If
you've not had a look at it and you're interested in pyqt on kde,
definitely have a look at pykde as well.