Why do you prefer KDE?

Pavel Volkov negaipub at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 18:06:48 GMT 2013

On Saturday 21 December 2013 23:10:30 Doug wrote:
> (On the other hand, I would never again trust
> KMail. I used it on SuSE back around 2009/10, when it started
> printing incoming messages in some Asian font, and they could not be
> recovered!)

I'd suggest to give KMail another try nevertheless, it certainly has some
issues but it's quite usable and had major rewrites since 2009.

Some great features are not found in other software: Sieve server-side filters
support (and an editor for it), selecting different display styles for different
folders (e. g. mailing list folders display as threaded and other folders in
your favourite style)