Why do you prefer KDE?

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Mon Dec 23 11:39:45 GMT 2013

On Monday, 2013-12-23, 01:05:02, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:

> In recent time my interaction became more console-based: mc/ranger, vim,
> mutt. Historically I never used graphical network setups, instead always
> did it using system services. Plus I don't really like the network
> manager applet, mostly b/c it's no real window that can be alt-tabbed
> to.

Plasma applets, such as the one for network management, can also be run in
their own window:
plasma-windoed org.kde.networkmanagement

> scrolling in Dolphin, Plasma layout bugs, drag+drop to Gimp, Kiosk mode
> missing from KDE3 (would be nice for a throw-away guest login similar to
> what Ubuntu offers).. ;-)

Kiosk is still available. It is a feature of KDE's configuration framework
KConfig and has not been changed during the Qt4 porting.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring