Klipper default actions: URLs and Files

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 10:10:47 BST 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:
> Thanks.  I figured date's conversion functionality probably figured into
> it somewhere, but for CLI output generally invoke a konsole instance, and
> that seemed rather disruptive (too big) for this sort of output, so I
> wondered what you were using.  And asking is easier than spending several
> hours experimenting. =:^)

Yes, I was happy to see that the GNU tools were available right in the
"command" parameter.

> FWIW, I don't appear to have a notify-send binary installed here, but I
> do see a couple package hits.  But what package provides it for you
> there?  (The ones I see appear to be smaller alternative implementations,
> in case whatever package that normally provides it isn't installed,
> tinynotify-send and sw-notify-send, the latter being a system-wide
> version, presumably cross-user, plus a gentoo-specific eselect module for
> the functionality, which further implies additional implementations to
> select from.)

I think that notify-send came with the stock Kubuntu install. At
least, I don't remember installing it separately and I cannot find it
with the obvious aptitude searches.

> Meanwhile, google indicates that dbus-send can provide similar
> functionality with an appropriate invocation.  I obviously have that
> (part of dbus), so I have some choices available and experimentation to

If you could do it on a hot-key without relying on Klipper, that would
be best in my opinion. No popup, and no Klipper running in the
background.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il