Klipper default actions: URLs and Files

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Aug 27 17:56:00 BST 2013

Dotan Cohen posted on Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:33:53 +0300 as excerpted:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:
>> Dotan Cohen posted on Sun, 25 Aug 2013 14:49:42 +0300 as excerpted:
>>
>>> I started using the Klipper actions to tell me the human-readable
>>> date/time when highlighting Unix timestamps.
>>
>> What's your "recipe" for that?
>>
> Here you go:
>
> Klipper -> Configure Klipper...
> Actions -> Add Action Regular Expression: ^[0-9]{9,10}$
> Automatic: Yes
>     Command: notify-send "`date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%I:%S" -d @%s`"
>     Output Handling: Ignore Description: Popup timestamp
>
> Enjoy Duncan!

Thanks.  I figured date's conversion functionality probably figured into
it somewhere, but for CLI output generally invoke a konsole instance, and
that seemed rather disruptive (too big) for this sort of output, so I
wondered what you were using.  And asking is easier than spending several
hours experimenting. =:^)

FWIW, I don't appear to have a notify-send binary installed here, but I
do see a couple package hits.  But what package provides it for you
there?  (The ones I see appear to be smaller alternative implementations,
in case whatever package that normally provides it isn't installed,
tinynotify-send and sw-notify-send, the latter being a system-wide
version, presumably cross-user, plus a gentoo-specific eselect module for
the functionality, which further implies additional implementations to
select from.)

Meanwhile, google indicates that dbus-send can provide similar
functionality with an appropriate invocation.  I obviously have that
(part of dbus), so I have some choices available and experimentation to