akonadi suddenly won't start

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 17:54:34 BST 2013

Kevin Krammer said the following at 08/19/2013 09:09 AM :

> No idea why that suddenly changed for you, but try this:
> edit $HOME/.config/akonadiserverrc so that it has
> StartServer=true
>
> And then try running
> akonadictl restart

Oh, I know what happened :-(

I got so frustrated with akonadi a while back that I made the inverse edit to
that file.

But even though that was ages ago, I hadn't logged out and back in until this
morning, which is when I got bitten. And in the meantime I'd completely
forgotten that I had touched that file.

I also didn't realise that by making that change, it meant that I couldn't
simply start the server from akonaditray if I wanted to do so. The naming of
the entry seems to suggest merely "I don't want to start akonadi at start-up",
rather than "I don't ever want to start akonadi".

Thanks muchly.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR