Wrap Firefox in KDE app?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Oct 31 13:18:44 GMT 2012

Dotan Cohen posted on Wed, 31 Oct 2012 13:11:56 +0200 as excerpted:

> Is there any way to "wrap" firefox in a KDE application that will show
> an icon of the user's choosing? KDE 3's taskbar would let the user set a
> custom icon per application, but we don't have that in KDE4.

That got me thinking...

This is a remote possibility, and I don't even have a taskbar here to try
it on (I use alt-tab, window list with a desktop-middle-click, etc, not a
taskbar), but I've seen some hints in what I've read...  Tho I'm not even
sure if kde does it this way or only unity/gnome, so...

Does kde's taskbar have the ability to "pin" an app as a launcher, such
that if it's running a click will bring it forward as usual, but if not,
a click will start it?  If so, maybe a pinned app would keep its icon,
which one would hope is configurable?  Could be worth a try, anyway.