How to use a bluetooth headset?

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 02:26:21 BST 2012

Em quinta-feira, 25 de outubro de 2012, às 15:11:59, Kevin Krammer escreveu:
> On Thursday, 2012-10-25, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a bluetooth headset which I can use perfectly well with my Android
> > devices, but can't make it work with KDE.
> > The KDE bluetooth application sees the headset, pears and connects to it,
> > but the sound is still sent to the speakers even when the headset is
> > connected. No sound is heard through the headset, only through the
> > speakers.
> > KMix and SystemSettings does not seem to have any option to direct the
> > sound to the headset.
> > When I connect a wired headset, it is automatically used by the system
> > (and
> > the speakers are automatically turned off).
> > How do I make KDE use the bluetooth headset?
>
> As far as I understand this is part of the things that PulseAudio takes care
> of.
> However, since I haven't had the need myself yet, I don't know which
> interface for controlling PulseAudio would currently be the recommended
> one.
>
> The Veromix Plasma applet might be able to do this.

I've installed Veromix and it seems to be a very good replacement for Kmix.
Liked it very much.
However, the bluetooth headset is not available as an audio device for phonon,
despite is can be paired and connected using the KDE's bluetooth application.
Any idea on how can I debug this?

Thanks,

Marcelo