Lost restart partition menu in KDE 4.8.5 after upgrade

JC Francois jc.francois at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 08:16:54 BST 2012

Hi,

I have just upgraded my system from openSUSE 12.1 to openSUSE 12.2.
After the operation I am now running KDE 4.8.5 Release 2.

What I have lost (and miss) in the upgrade are the options that I used
to get when I clicked long on the "restart computer" button. I used to
see the list of the GRUB partitions displayed and had the choice to
select what partition I wanted to boot back in (for example reboot in
Win7). My system runs GRUB 0.97.

How can I restore this functionality in KDE?

Thanks,

/~jc