Has the KDE Social/Semantic Desktop been worth the hassle to anyone?

Georg C. F. Greve greve at fsfe.org
Sun Nov 18 12:36:35 GMT 2012

On Sunday 18 November 2012 11.52:58 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Virtuoso would be a very obvious choice for an Akonadi setup running as
> part  of a KDE setup, however when last tried it or rather its SQL driver
> still wasn't up to the job.

On a totally non-technical point: With virtuoso being neo-proprietary, I would
also think it would be better strategy to move further away from it, and not
more into it.

So if anything, it would be good to have an actual Free Software database that
can do the jobs that virtuoso and MySQL currently do.

With the situation of both databases, it currently appears that neither
virtuoso nor MySQL would be the sustainable choice to make, though.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve <greve at fsfe.org>