mounting my camera as a normal (usb) device

B.W.H. van Beest bwvb at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 12 22:14:17 GMT 2012

Hi,

When I connect my camera to my computer (opensuse 12.2, kde 4.8.5) I can
mount it via the device notifier, selecting the option "open in
filemanager".
Then konqueror pops up and opens a screen using the "camera:" protocol.

Although this may look nice, it isn't!   It turns out to be very slow,
error prone and unreliable.
I prefer to mount the camera "the old way", that is, just as an ordinary
usb -device so that I can in a konsole copy the files from the camera to
a destination directory.
But I have no clue how that should be done. Can somebody give me a hint
or clue?

Regards,
Bertwim