Tell who did you PAY to include Akonadi?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 31 15:26:11 BST 2012

On 2012/03/31 11:13 (GMT+0200) Kevin Krammer composed:

> However, KDE, as a lot of other Free Software initiatives, is open for
> contributions from all people, not just developers. So if anyone wants to
> contribute user level documentation for any of those software components they
> are very welcome to do so.

> My understanding is that this is a rather straight forward process, basically
> just logging into userbase.kde.org and creating a new page or adding to an
> already existing one.

That a mere mortal user _can_ contribute documentation doesn't account for
the knowledge of what to write. It's the devs who know what capabilities and
methods for utilizing them are being put in, not ordinary users, no matter
what writing talents they have to offer. I doubt many users with the urge to
contribute have the clairvoyance to know what the devs are thinking or the
talent to read sources to figure out what to write. I once accepted a job to
write official documentation for an app. All I was given was a beta of the
app and a PC to compose on. I got nowhere trying to write anything.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/