KDE 4.8.1 doing strange things with some applications

dE . de.techno at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 15:55:23 GMT 2012

On 03/23/12 21:02, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday, 2012-03-23, dE . wrote:
>> On 03/21/12 03:56, Duncan wrote:
>>> Alex Schuster posted on Tue, 20 Mar 2012 21:57:38 +0100 as excerpted:

>>> Claws-mail all the way, here.  I dumped that akonadi abomination and
>>> along with it (Gentoo) USE=semantic-desktop entirely, like the scourge it
>>> turned out to be to my system!

>>> Absolutely no such issues, here (also on Gentoo, ~amd64/no-multilib FWIW,
>>> with the kde, x11 and mozilla overlays).  I too have the xorg-server
>>> 1.12.0 update, kde 4.8.1, etc.  One big difference, however, would be
>>> that I've disabled semantic-desktop entirely, and don't have kdepim or
>>> akonadi or any of that stuff on the system.
>> So all this Akonadi stuff comes via [semantic-desktop]?
> Unlikely, the technoligies themselves are unrelated and Gentoo usually doesn't
> add artifical dependenices (AFAIK).
>
> Some KDEPIM applications are users of both though, so they might look related.
> But I would be surprised if they were on their package level.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Humm... thanks for the pointers, this's what I found -

equery depends app-office/akonadi-server
  * These packages depend on app-office/akonadi-server:
kde-base/kdepim-common-libs-4.7.4 (>=app-office/akonadi-server-1.3.60)
kde-base/kdepim-runtime-4.7.4 (>=app-office/akonadi-server-1.3.60)
kde-base/kdepimlibs-4.7.4-r1 (semantic-desktop ?
 >=app-office/akonadi-server-1.5.80)

query depends kde-base/kdepim-common-libs
  * These packages depend on kde-base/kdepim-common-libs:
kde-base/knotes-4.7.4 (>=kde-base/kdepim-common-libs-4.7.4:4[aqua=])