using remote URL instead of cache

Daniel Barna daniel.barna at cern.ch
Thu Mar 8 10:20:05 GMT 2012

First of all, sorry for not replying to the original mail (i.e messing
up the thread in the archive). I received it in a digest email, did not
manage to figure out how to reply in a correct way. I tried with %u
(updated the .desktop file, ran kbuildsycoca4). Same: the file is cached
in /var/tmp/kdecache-barna/, and this file is given to my app. Thanks

    On Thursday, 2012-03-08, Daniel Barna wrote:
>     Hi,
>
>     I have created a wrapper script around an application so that it can
>     handle remote files, and also directly save to the remote location (i.e.
>     immediately upload to the remote location when it saves the file)
>     The .desktop file contains this line:
>     Exec=my-application %U
>     indicating that this application can handle remote URLs. Nevertheless,
>     when I open a remote file in dolphin with my application, the remote
>     file is first downloaded to/var/tmp/kdecache-barna/... and this local
>     file is given to my application, instead of the original remote URL. Can
>     I change this behaviour somehow?
    Hmm, you are right that %U should have the desired effect.
    Can you try %u as well, i.e. indicating support for one URL?

    Cheers,
    Kevin