KMail freezes after adding address to addressbook

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Wed Jun 27 21:30:14 BST 2012

I have had the following several times in recent days:

- I open a composer window for a new message in KMail.

- I find the address I want in not in the address-book or recent addresses, so
I go back to the main KMail window, hunt down a mail with the address I want,
right-click, and choose "Add to Address Book."

Whereupon KMail freezes completely; so I have to close it, wait for "The
window is not responding...", and restart KMAil.

An aside, when I restart Kmail, sometimes the new addresshas been added to the
address book, sometimes it has not.

Mageia 1, KDE 4.6.5, KMail 1.13.7

Cheers,

Ron.