Preselected session in KDM

Hans Muecke kde at filderstadtweather.eu
Mon Jun 18 17:06:01 BST 2012

Am 18.06.2012 10:35, schrieb Andrew d~_*b:

> On Sun 17 Jun 2012 9:50:58 AM Hans Muecke wrote:
>>
>> With one of the more or less recent updates (or something I installed) I
>> seem to have lost the preselected session in KDM. Means ... I was used
>> to log in without specifically picking a session, "last session" was
>> always preselected.
>>
>> Now ... if I do nothing I end up with "failed to start Gnome", so I am
>> forced to pick "last session" before I log in.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

> I am not sure if you mean a stored KDE session or the Desktop Environment

When reaching the login screen under session type (this is translated
from german) one gets a list of sessions (e.g. Gnome, KDE, XFCE,
whatever and one of them is marked "last session"). I was used to have
the "last session" being preselected (checked). Right now none is checked.

> So try either of these
>
> System Settings > Startup & Shutdown > Session management
> now choose a preferred option under the 'On Login' section

That only refers to once the login was completed.

> OR
>
> Execute this command in the terminal and choose an option
>
> andrew at andrewsPavilion:~$ update-alternatives --config x-session-manager
> There is only one alternative in link group x-session-manager: /usr/bin/startkde
> Nothing to configure.
> andrew at andrewsPavilion:~$

Did that ... gnome was selected for auto. Will let you know what happens
after the next reboot.

--
Talk to you later ... Hans (81 to go)

2012/06/18 15:20
EDDS 181520Z 24006KT CAVOK 28/12 Q1016 NOSIG