KDE 4.5.5: "Folder View" mode of desktop doesn't restore on login

Manuel Reimer Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de
Sat Jun 16 16:04:09 BST 2012

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On one of my systems this also happens.  The reason for my problem is
> that the folderview is linked to a remote directory, and the network
> simply doesn't come up fast enough.  Once everything is loaded, click
> on the folderview then F5 and it should display again.  While yours
> isn't a remote drive, it could still easily be a timing problem.

If the icons restore for you when hitting F5, then this is a different problem.
A "refresh" doesn't show up the icons for me, I have to go to the configuration,
have to switch to regular "Desktop" style, hit "Apply", then switch back to
"Folder View" and hit "Apply", again. This usually fixes the problem, but
nothing else, so far, worked for me.

Yours

Manuel