KDE 4.6 ---- Dolphin Crashes on a mouse over

John Woodhouse a_johnlonger at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 09:53:20 BST 2012

I've just loaded a lot of software to handle canon raw photo files. If I browse a directory with any raw files in it Dolphin crashes as soon as I move the mouse over one.

There is an association for these files to gThumb and by the name and the problem I wonder if the crash is due to Dolphin trying to display a thumbnail. dcraw / ufraw seem to have a facility for desktops to display thumbnails but it doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas? Even if there is a method of just allowing the files to be click loaded. Gimp etc has no problem loading them at all. Gwenview ignores them when using it to browse pictures. The files can be downloaded from the camera too in printer mode.

John