Plasma-desktop becoming very slow

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Jun 12 17:02:20 BST 2012

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati posted on Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:03:56 -0400 as
excerpted:

>>> [Filter import into] claws-mail [from] KMail [?]

>> Unfortunately, [manual]... and I had 50 rules to rewrite!

>> What I did tho which did help, is create a few filters manually using
>> the claws-mail GUI so I could see how they appeared in the filter-file,
>> then I opened it in a text editor and used the usual copy/paste, find
>> and replace, etc.

> So you just built up rules in ~/.claws-mail/matcherc using content  cut
> and pasted from  ~/.kde4/share/config/kmailrc ?

Well, not directly cut/pasted from one to the other, as the context below
seems to indicate you understand, but that's the general idea, yes.

> Thanks for the pointer, I'll start on it asap as Kmail is the last prog
> that keeps me tied to the now (IMOHO) bloatware KDE has become.
>
> To save time and help me study the syntax of the filter rules, would you
> be kind enough to mail me off-list a copy of your matcherc file ?

Actually, a sanitized basic formatting reference copy for myself as well
as helping others is an extremely good idea.  Thanks!  Let me see what I
can do, hopefully tonite.

But just letting you know, I've some real world stuff (like a computer
that's not entirely stable at my preferred summer room temp, 28C/82F,
upgrade needed but no money) going on, so if you don't see anything for a
week or so, please remind me, and it's possible (tho not likely, I have a
netbook as backup) I'll actually end up off the net for awhile.