Is there anyway to set Kmail2 to collapse all threads by default?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Jun 5 11:16:30 BST 2012

Andrew d~_*b posted on Tue, 05 Jun 2012 10:57:57 +0530 as excerpted:

> Never mind, I missed a completely obvious option to check before asking

I'm convinced that frequently, posting the question is part of the
process of finding the answer yourself.  Delaying won't necessarily help,
either.  I'd guess it's the process of putting it in writing that allows
your subconscious to then make "obvious" connections, that simply were
NOT "obvious" before, so delaying the question doesn't work, it just
delays the solution.

(What arguably /might/ work, is composing it, then letting it set for a
day or two before sending.  But given that it might be a couple days
delay for a list answer if that's what it takes anyway, once it's
composed, you might as well send it and get that process started to, and
be ready to write that "never mind..." post if the answer does come to
you.)

So don't worry about finding the answer just /after/ sending the post,
look at composing and sending the post as part of the process! =:^)

(I took out the wide distribution.  Thanks for at least mentioning it.)