Klipper shortcut keys stopped working

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 19 18:48:38 GMT 2012

On 19/01/12 15:17, Jerry wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:08:46 +0800
> Jekyll Wu articulated:
>
>> The short answer is that global shortcut is provided by systray
>> instead of by klipper in between KDE SC 4.5 and 4.7 . And it does not
>> always work. See https://bugs.kde.org/244620 for (too much) more
>> information.You might be interested with comment #60 from me :)
>
> Thanks, I read your comment and followed the directions. You are
> correct, the required key to change is not self evident. I finally got
> it right thought.
>
> It is just this sort of thing that turn people off to non-windows
> operating systems and therefore KDE. It really needs better
> documentation. I wasted three days on this problem until you so
> graciously supplied the answer. I should have simply been able to click
> on the ICON for Klipper and change the key combination.

So many things need better documentation - which is why we have a wiki
for that purpose :-)  Perhaps you could add some information to
http://userbase.kde.org/Klipper (or a page linked from it, if you need
more space).  It would be well appreciated.

Anne
--
Need KDE help?  Try
http://userbase.kde.org or