Icons in Dolphin are jumping around

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Thu Jan 5 19:41:01 GMT 2012

I installed KDE 4.8 RC2.  I previously had 4.7.4.  I've hit some
extremely annoying behavior in the new version: when I enter a new
directory in Dolphin or delete (or create) new files, the existing file
icons jump around.  I've only used the new version for an hour or so,
but I'm already on the brink of shooting myself in the head.  I value my
head, so for now I stopped using Dolphin and do my work in Midnight
Commander in a terminal.

I've searched all the Dolphin settings, but I can't find a way to
disable the jumping icons.  I really hope there's some way to disable them?