How to change color of akonotes plasmoid?

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Thu Jan 5 06:44:08 GMT 2012

Hi Duncan,

Am Donnerstag 05 Januar 2012, 03:44:34 schrieb Duncan:
> akonotes?  Took me a bit, but I realized that must be an akonadi thing,
> [...]
I know that you quite hate the kdepim stuff but kontact and co are working
quite perfect with my Kolab server. For creating notes I use the kjots
kontact-plugin. if I want to view a single kjot page on my desktop I drop it
on the plasma desktop where it appears as akonote plasmoid.
As the notes are stored on the Kolab server every desktop from notebook,
netbook, etc showing the same stuff.

>[...]  Thus, the first thing I'd recommend is changing your plasma theme (kde
> settings, workspace appearance and behavior, workspace appearance,
> desktop theme).  Try both a dark and a light theme, trying to use builtin
> kde themes like air, aya, and oxygen.  See how those affect the colors.[...]

Yes I already did this. I also tried to change the note theme in the details-
tab. And I changed all white colors in the app appearance colors configurator.
But this changed nothing.

>[...] * Note that at least last time I played with this some versions ago,
> MOST effects would take effect right away, but some of them would only take
> effect after a plasma restart [...]

Good idea! But a fast test changed nothing, again - but I will try again
later.

>[...] you're using (kde settings common appearance and behavior, application
> appearance, colors)... in particular, text-colors, check view text and
> window text especially, but it might be one of the other settings, too.[...]

yep, this was the second place I tried without success ;-)

>[...] Third, for more variety, you can checkout some of the themes on
> kdelook. [...]

Ok, changing to system theme does not change anything but I will try to an
external one. But I *think* akonote uses a non-transparent background pane and
this can not be changed.

I hoped that there maybe some secret config options for the plasma-desktop-
appletsrc file?

Thanks

  Thorsten