Touchpad (ksynaptics) is driving me crazy

Thorsten Frey thorsten at tfrey.de
Sun Jan 1 20:19:33 GMT 2012

Am Sonntag, 1. Januar 2012, 13:27:33 schrieb Alexander Puchmayr:
> Hi there!
>
> Is there a possibility to deactivate the touchpad on a laptop while typing
> on the keyboard? It happens over and over again that I come too near to
> the pad causing clicks somewhere, marking and deleting/replacing text
> anywhere. This is becoming really a PITA (Happened at least 10 times during
> typing this message)
>
> As far as I remember there was once (more than one year ago) a version
> of ksynaptics offering dead-time between typing and mouse events, but
> for some reason this option has been removed.
>
> Thanks,
>      Alex

Try this:
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/synaptiks?content=114270
Homepage: http://synaptiks.lunaryorn.de
I just tested it - works for me.

You may have to install some python-libs (on my openSUSE: python-pip). Just
follow the instructions. Then call /usr/bin/synaptiks: In the systemtray
appears a icon for configuration.

Regards,
Thorsten