Laptop Keyboard

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Mon Jan 2 05:19:02 GMT 2012

LĂ­vio Cipriano posted on Sun, 01 Jan 2012 22:44:10 +0000 as excerpted:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using OpenSuSE 12.1 with KDE 4.7.2 in a Lenovo laptop Z60m. KDE
> recognizes the keyboard, or at least it's listed, but there are the
> following malfunctions:
>
> 1. The keys of brightness screen (Fn+Home Fn+End) function on reverse:
> up, the screens dims, down, the screen lights. The same happens with the
> Screen Brightness cursor in the Power Settings Applet.
>
> 2. This machine has a hardware switch for both the wifi and bluetooth.
> When on, the wifi is always on, but the bluetooth on/off is controlled
> by Fn+F5. In KDE 3.5 it worked that way. In KDE 4.7.2 Fn+F5 turns on/off
> both the wifi and the bluetooth and the Bluetooth Applet doesn't turns
> bluetooth on/off. At least the bluetooth light is allways on.

FWIW, the brightness keys aren't normally kde-managed at all, but rather,
they're ACPI, managed by acpid or similar along with the kernel.  You'd
either edit/configure the acpid event scripts directly, or use distro-
specific tools for that.

I've never had a machine with bluetooth at all, and don't know enough
about wifi setup to be of help, there, so I'll leave those alone, but at
least the screen brightness stuff would be distro-specific tools and
forums, not kde.