Segmentation fault in soprano

Dimitar Popov dimitar.georgiev.popov at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 26 12:41:34 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I found the following thread: http://lists.kde.org/?t=132932694700004&r=1&w=2
but I can't reply there since I just got subscribed to the mailing list... So,
please, apologize me for starting a new thread... :)

I compiled the soprano and kdebase-runtime with debug symbols and I attached
to all nepomukservicestub process with gdb -p <PID> and here what I got for
nepomukservicestub nepomukstorage:

[Switching to Thread 0x7f19b97fa700 (LWP 5814)]
0x00007f19ef2ddeef in Soprano::Node::toN3 (this=<optimized out>) at
/home/insane/Development/oss/archlinux/extra/soprano/src/soprano-2.7.4/soprano/node.cpp:252
252         return d ? d->toN3() : QString();

Yes, it's not a complete stack trace, but I'm new to gdb and I don't know how
to get a useful stack trace.

Anyway, I hope this will give some hints what the problem is. I'm willing to
help debug this issue and I hope it'll get fixed before 4.8.1 since it makes
the whole desktop behave rather odd (activities, mail search, etc.).

If there is already an open bug, please, give me a link - I couldn't find a
bug, though...

Regards,
Dimitar