xserver module missing from kcmshell4 in 4.9.90 in mageia

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Dec 14 06:21:06 GMT 2012

Felix Miata posted on Thu, 13 Dec 2012 20:54:09 -0500 as excerpted:

> Is this intentional?

FWIW, I have it here in 4.9.90 on gentoo.

Do you have kinfocenter installed?  That's the package that owns
/usr/share/kde4/services/xserver.desktop (which runs kcmshell4 xserver),
here.  The library invoked here (sleuthed out via strace) is
/usr/lib64/kde4/kcm_info.so , which again is part of kinfocenter.

With kinfocenter installed I can run it and expand Graphical Information,
X-Server, to get the same exact xserver info as I do running kcmshell4
xserver.

kinfocenter is in turn part of the kde-workspace tarball as shipped by
upstream kde, so that's probably the package name if your distro ships
only the monolithic unsplit packages, one per tarball, not the individual
split packages in each tarball.

So it'd be your distro's (Mageia's based on the subject line) intentions
in question, as kde-workspace is a rather core tarball, as shipped by
upstream kde.