multiple google calendars and akonadi

Hans Muecke kde at filderstadtweather.eu
Mon Aug 27 17:04:40 BST 2012

Am 27.08.2012 10:17, schrieb Eugen Wintersberger:

> Hi folks
>   I have just switched from GNOME 3.4 to KDE. I am using KDE 4.8.4 on a Debian
> testing system. Everything works fine except the support for Google calendars
> in Akonadi. Actually it is pretty easy to get your default calendar into
> Akonade by just using a Google Calendar Resource and entering ones account
> data. Hoever, I have found no way to get all my subcalendars into Akonadi.
> I read several posts on the web about this issue and it seems that there is a
> solution available via CalDAV. However, there does not seem to be a CalDAV
> resource available for Akonadi. In particular there is also no support for
> CalDAV to directly connect Kontact to my various Google Calendars (as
> suggested in various blogs and wikis all over the web).
>
> I am just wondering if this is a Debian issue or if this is a general problem
> of Akonadi with Google calendars.

Hi Eugen,

I completely dropped Kontact because of all those still sorta unsolved
issues with Akonadi (the more than suboptimal connection with Google
Calenders was one of it).
As much as I liked Kontact for what it offered there are solutions that
work better (Evolution and Thunderbird come to my mind). I for example
switched to Thunderbird, since I also can use it on the windows side.

--
Talk to you later ... Hans (11 to go)

Linux 3.2.0-29-generic-pae GNU/Linux
Kubuntu 12.04.1