How to install Okular 0.15?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Mon Aug 27 11:46:42 BST 2012

Marius Hofert posted on Mon, 27 Aug 2012 12:01:02 +0200 as excerpted:

> It is mentioned on http://okular.kde.org/news.php that Okular 0.15 is
> out since August 1. I work on Ubuntu 12.04 with Okular 0.14 and I would
> like to upgrade. I tried to install Okular 0.15 via sudo apt-get install
> okular, but I only get 0.14. When will 0.15 be available via package
> managers?

Okular 0.15 is already available via package manager in many
distribution, including gentoo, which I run here. =:^)

Okular 0.15 is shipped with kde 4.9.0, so you'll likely have them
available at the same time and will install them together.  In fact, on
gentoo, okular 0.15 is packaged as ocular-4.9.0, reflecting its kde
version number, not the individual package version number.

I'd guess kde 4.9.0 (including okular 0.15) is probably available in one
of the optional repos, either (k)ubuntu or debian, that stays more
current with kde than the main repo, but likely isn't as integration
tested as it will be by the time it appears in the main repo, so it would
be more likely to contain bugs that will be fixed between now and the
time it becomes available in the main repo.

Actually I just checked kde.org and found this link, which says kde 4.9.0
is available for kubuntu in the backports ppa and in the development
release, so my guess was correct. =:^)

http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-sc-4.9