How to add some widgets/activities to user default environment?

Franklin Weng franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Sun Aug 19 03:29:33 BST 2012

Hi list,

I'd like to setup a default kde environment for all newly added users.
That is, I wish to let users have the same desktop widgets like folderview
or fuzzy clock on their desktop activity.

I tried to customize a desktop and put my
.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc into
/usr/share/kde4/share/config,and even /etc/skel/.kde/share/config.

When I added a user the plasma-desktop-appletsrc was copied to the correct
path however when the user logged in, it seemed to get rid of my setting
and created a new activity with its default setting.

Could anyone please tell me how to control the behavior for a new user
login?  i.e. how to avoid it creating a new default setting and use my
setting instead?

Thanks,
Franklin