Release 4.8.3

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Thu Aug 16 17:10:35 BST 2012

I have upgraded my "sandbox" from 4.6.5 on PCLOS to 4.8.3, and with the
exception of a more cluttered systray or "panel" and a somewhat uglier
desktop, both of which I was fortunate to have
been able to revert, I see no obvious advantage.  (I don't consider the
changes I noted to be an advantage.) Please explain why I should upgrade
my two "work" computers to 4.8.3.
Thanx--doug